2011年10月17日 星期一

The magic of technology

My husband Tommy commented to me the other day that no one prints out photos anymore; they keep them hidden away in their telephone and/or their computer.

Rarely do we take time out to print photos of trips, family and friends, which is a pity because that’s what photos are for – to help you remember good times and to share them with others.When the stone sits in the oil painting reproduction,

There was a time when I went through a “scrap booking” phase.

I collected all the albums, scissors, stickers and tools to take my photos to a better place.

Sadly those tools are still in their original plastic shoebox, and I don’t see them making an appearance any time soon.

When granddaughter Jeanne was born I did make what I thought was a charming video.

I’ve taken classes on the Macintosh computer for three years at the Apple Store in Nashville and made a slideshow set to music (Elton John’s “Little Jeanne”) of her first fews days.

I published it on my webpage, but haven’t posted photos there in over a year and a half.

All are still hovering up there somewhere in cyberspace.

I also made a tiny photo book of her first year, but she’s already two and a half and although I’ve made a rough outline of what I want to include on the second one, I haven’t started it yet.By Alex Lippa Close-up of plastic card in Massachusetts.

Perhaps if I entrust the task to a “to do” list it will get done.

I find that if I make a written commitment to something, the chances of following through are greater and making a second year scrapbook certainly is a worthy goal.

Except for die hard scrap bookers (whom I so admire) most of us just flash photos of our children or grandchild on our telephones – or on Facebook.

Personally I don’t want to share all my photos on Facebook ..Replacement China Porcelain tile and bulbs for Canada and Worldwide.the landscape oil paintings pain and pain radiating from the arms or legs..Demand for allergy kidney stone could rise earlier than normal this year. but let notice be served – unless you want to spend 15 minutes watching videos and a myriad of photos of his grandchild and her aunts and uncles, don’t ask Tommy Bragg if he has any pictures.

While I try to be fairly discreet about “bragging,” Tommy does not and will show you photos and a slideshow for as long as you’ll pay attention.

After my last camera bit the bullet a few months ago, I found the camera on my telephone did such a great job that I didn’t replace my digital one.

I’ve also learned that it is comes in handy in other ways.

Recently I used my cell phone camera to take a photo of a bottle of wine I enjoyed at a restaurant.

I “googled” it when I got home to get an idea of the cost (they mark them up so much in restaurants it’s hard to have an idea of the price range) and it was easy to show to a wine vendor to see if he carried it.

I tend to handwrite my grocery lists instead of using my phone’s “Notes” app, but if it’s particularly important that I don’t forget anything on the list – say, if I’m having a dinner party that night and need those mushrooms or parsley – I take a photo of the list in case I lose it.

I have a proclivity for losing lists but tend to hold on very tightly to my phone, and if I really, really don’t want to make one more trip to the store I’ll save it under “photos.”

I was in a smocking class at Stitchers Playhouse on Tuesday and two fellow students had driven from Hartsville.

One grandmother wanted to make her grandchild another dress but didn’t know what fabric her daughter would like best so she sent a photo of three selections and let her daughter pick the one she liked best.

Recently John wanted a particular UT ball cap for his birthday and there were many to choose from.

Verification via cellphone that I had found the one he really wanted kept returns and frustrations to a minimum.

I recently used my cell camera to photocopy a recipe from a friend’s recipe card because I didn’t want to hand copy it and Tommy used his to take photos when he was on the roof of our home to show hail damage to the insurance adjuster.

沒有留言:

張貼留言