2011年10月8日 星期六

BOH scolded

Marcia Zaniboni, director of the Council of Aging, appeared before the Board of Health this week to respond to the board's Sept. 7 action to condemn the home of Joseph Armstrong at 39 Blood St.

"I am very concerned when a senior becomes homeless for any reason. I think in most cases it can be prevented. There are a lot of resources for repairs. There are resources for housing. There are resources for psychiatric services.we supply all kinds of polished tiles, I think they can be pulled into place before someone becomes homeless," said Zaniboni.

"I'm hoping that the board is going to be receptive to working with us on that," she said.

"We've talked about this and I agree with you," said board member Phillip Durno.

"On behalf of the board, I did notify you that this was coming up," he said.

"You did notify me verbally; you asked me if I knew the person. I do appreciate that from you. I think everyone dropped the ball on this situation, and I don't think it should have occurred the way it did," said Zaniboni.

Durno agreed that the best approach would be for the board secretary to send a letter ahead of any future action to ensure that appropriate agencies are notified.

"We're here to help to. We tried numerous times to help this person," he said.

"I do believe most people you're gonna deal with in that situation, I think its pretty safe to say they're not going to be the most responsive people. I'd be very surprised if you don't face the same sort of situation again if you do condemn another person's home. This is a homeowner, not a tenant," said Zaniboni.

"We don't look forward to putting someone out of their home," said Durno.

"If this gentleman had come in to one of our meetings and explained to us his situation, we would have gone to people," he said.

"He was basically not given alternatives.The additions focus on key tag and magic cube combinations,we supply all kinds of polished tiles, I just don't want to see this happen again. There are many resources that could have been tapped into that were not," said Zaniboni.

The discussion, which was contentious at times, continued until agreement was reached that the board would notify the Council of Aging at least two weeks before any future actions involving seniors.Demand for allergy kidney stone could rise earlier than normal this year.

Michael Alphonso of 4 Foster St., unit 313,When the stone sits in the oil painting reproduction, appeared before the board to explain his plight with a spider and bedbug infestations in his Babbitassit Village apartment.

"The bedding infestation here at Babbitassit has been an ongoing problem," said Alphonso.

Alphonso claimed that the problem became apparent to him in June and had still not been resolved by the Pepperell Housing Authority.

"My losses to date have been two beds, bedding, total discomfort, ruined days, frustration, mental anguish, loss of sleeps, and weekend due to this dilemma," he said.

Alphonso went on to describe numerous visits by an exterminator hiring by the PHA, and trips to the doctor to treat the various bites on his body.

Midge Meehan, executive director of the Housing Authority, explained to the board that they initially brought in Southern New Hampshire Pest Control, and later Bain Pest Control.

沒有留言:

張貼留言